The best thing about medium-length curly hair is its versatility. It’s neither too short nor too long, so you can confidently and unapologetically rock a variety of cool hairstyles!
You can thank me later. (I mean, your curls.)
1. Medium-Length Curly Cowboy Copper
Cowboy copper is a blend between warm brown and copper. This fall hair color trend will shamelessly transform you into a curly, natural redhead.
2. Bronde Balayage For Medium-Length Curly Hair
Bronde balayage makes the curls pop in a sexy and artistic way where each curl has an interesting story to tell.
3. Mid-Length Color Blocking Curls
Color blocking is a popular hair trend of combining contrasting colors. Tropical blue and coffee black create an interesting balance of cool and warm tones and gives more expression to your curls.
4. Soft Curls For Mid-Length Curly Hair
Here’s one of my favorite rules for the softest curls: wrap your wet and styled hair in a cotton T-shirt or a microfiber towel and wait until your curls are almost completely dry.
5. Mid-Length 4C Curls Fluffy Ponytail
If you want to tame your 4C curls while looking stylish during summer, then a fluffy ponytail is the way to go.
6. Medium-Length Copper Waves With Pink Highlights
Pink highlights on copper waves look expressive but still natural. Neither of these two colors is overwhelming but together they create a perfect blend that suits most skin tones.
7. Medium-Length Middle Parted Spirals
Three words: hair moisturizer, LOTS OF curl cream, and a diffuser! Okay, maybe that’s more than three words. 🤔
8. Mid-Length Vibrant Turquoise And Lime Green Curls
Vibrant colors are flattering for curly hair of all lengths. If you aren’t ready for the vibrant turquoise and lime green, then consult with a professional stylist to find a “perfect vibrant” for your preference and skin tone.
9. Subtle Balayage For Medium-Length Curly Hair
If you (or your hair) are not ready for heavy highlights but you want to accentuate your base color, then subtle balayage is what you’re looking for.
10. Shoulder Length Color Block Curls In Metallic Silver And Black
Metallic silver and black are for those who are in love with their grey hair but want a fresh, new look with low maintenance.
11. Medium-Length Bleached Blonde Curls With Dark Roots
4B curls are fragile, so you need to bleach them with caution. Never use a developer over 20-volume, and hydrate your hair with leave-in molecular repair hair masks after and in-between lightening treatments.
12. Effortless Mid-Length Curly Shag
Mid-length shag frames every face shape in an effortless and chic way. Your hair color doesn’t matter, because a curly shag looks fantastic in both light and dark shades.
13. Shoulder Length Curly Hair With Red Highlights
Strategically placing red highlights throughout your dark-toned curls will give your hair dimension. Darker skin tones, prepare to glow!
14. Mid-Length Highlighted Curls With A Headband
A headband with a centered knot will suit round-face shapes, while square-face shapes should be balanced with a padded headband. Lucky you, oval faces, because you can freely experiment with almost any headband!
15. Shoulder Length Loose Curls With Bangs
Wrap large and thick strands of your hair around your curling iron to create looser curls with bangs.
16. Mid-Length Tightly Coiled Curls With Pink-Copper Highlights
For tightly coiled curls, you need to use the finger-coiling method where you wrap small sections of your wet hair around your finger. Pink-copper highlights are what give dimension to the 4C tight coils.
17. Shoulder Length Curly Ringlets
If you aren’t born with this curl type, you can use foam rollers for no-heat curls, or you can twist damp hair and allow it to air dry. Don’t forget to apply curl-defining mousse beforehand.
18. Mid-Length Brown Tapered Shag With Blonde Highlights
19. Mid-Length Copper Curls
The vivid copper color on mid-length curly hair creates natural volume. WARNING: This hairstyle can cause major hair envy among your followers.
20. Shoulder Length Curly Hair With An Off-Center Part
An off-center curly hairstyle works best with diamond, square, or heart-shaped faces because it helps create balance by softening your cheekbones and jawline.
21. Medium-Length Vibrant Copper Curls With Lighter Ends
Lighter ends will add more vibrancy to your already vibrant copper curls.
22. Shoulder Length Modern Messy Curls
Messy curls give you that seductive look without too much styling. All you need is some mousse for curly hair, a good diffuser, and a wide-tooth comb.
23. Shoulder Length Brown Curly Hair With Pastel Purple Highlights
Brown and pastel purple curly hair is one of the coolest 2023 curly medium-length hair trends!
24. Mid-Length Ash Blonde Balayage Waves
To create beach waves like these, you need to straighten your curls with a flat iron. Then use a curling iron: loosely wrap a strand away from the face and let the heat through. Repeat until you’re done, then just shake out.
Remember to use a heat-protectant spray for damage-free lasting curls!
25. Medium Length Curls With Zig-Zag Parting
For a more natural effect, opt for a zig-zag parting. This messy parting doesn’t only hold your curls in place but gives you a distinctive style as well.